By focusing on patients first, we make sure you are getting the best possible medical care from providers who sincerely care about your wellness
- Dr. Cao
DR. MICHAEL CAO, MD
With his charming smile and upbeat personality, and over 25 years of experience, Dr. Michael Cao has become a leading voice and one of the most sought-after doctors in the field of Medicine and Wellness. Awarded one of the most prestigious honors, the Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors of the U.S and the Los Angeles Magazine Top Doctors Award to name a few.
As a former, Full-time Faculty Assistant Professor at USC Keck School of Medicine, Dr. Cao has been extensively published and served on editorial boards of peer-review medical journals. He has also been appointed an expert reviewer by the State of California Medical Board.
Uniquely qualified through his extensive body of work and care for his patients, Dr. Cao saw the need to help people achieve and maintain their wellness. As such he introduced Wellness to his practice, so that Everyone, not just distinguished patients, could enjoy the Top Industry Standards he has come to be known for.
Long-standing commitment to the community has always remained at the heart of his work. As a former Active Duty U.S. Air Force Veteran, Dr. Cao has been awarded the U.S Air Force Aerial Achievement Medal, Commendation Medal, and the Meritorious Medal, while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently, he is a Speaker of the Assembly Appointee, on the State Bar of California, Committee of Bar Examiners. He serves as a City Commissioner on the Senior Citizen Commission.
Dr. Cao remains an active pillar of civil service, looking to continue to improve the wellness of the community members, through his commitment to excellence and compassionate care.
Our team of seasoned and experienced professionals pride
themselves on their incredible work
ethic and compassionate care.
Serving the Greater Los Angeles
Area and San Gabriel Valley, we are
here to serve the community and
their needs in English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish and Cambodian.
PEER REVIEWED PUBLISHED WORKS
1. Cao M, Stolen CM, Ahmed R, Schloss EJ, Lobban JH, Kwan B, Varma N, Boehmer JP. Small Decreases in Biventricular Pacing Percentages are associated with Multiple Metrics of Worsening Heart Failure as Measured from a Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator. Int J Cardiol. April 2021
2. Cao M, Gardner R, Hanirhan R, Nair D, Boehmer J. Ambulatory Monitoring of Heart Sounds via an Implanted Device is Superior to Auscultation for Prediction of Heart Failure Events. J Cardiac Failure. Feb 2020
3. Gardner R, Sing J, Stancak B, Nair D, Cao M, Schulze C, Boehmer J. HeartLogic Multisensor Algorithm Identifies Patients During Periods of Significantly Increased Risk of Heart Failure Events. Circulation Heart Failure. July 2018
4. Turakhia M, Cao M, Fisher A, Nabutovsky Y, Sloman L, Dalal N, Gold M. Reduced Mortality Associated with Quadripolar Compared to Bipolar Left Ventricular Leads in Cardiac Resychronization Therapy. J Am Coll Cardiol EP 2016;2:426-33.
5. Cha Y, Hayes D, Asirvatham S, Powell B, Cesario D, Cao M, Gilliam R, Saxon L. Impact of Shock Energy and Ventricular Rhythm on the Success of First Shock Therapy: The ALTITUDE First Shock Study. Heart Rhythm. January 2013
6. Tomassoni G, Baker J, Corbisiero R, Love C, Martin D, Niazi I, Sheppard R, Worley S, Beau S, Greer S, Aryana A, Cao M, Harbert N. Performance of the Quartet Left Ventricular Heart Lead. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology. January 2013.
7. Cao M, Ganz L, Saxon L. Section: Cardiac Resychronization Therapy in Atrial Fibrillation. UptoDate. Jul 2012
8. Cao M, Kumar U, Saxon L. Section: Overview of Cardiac Pacing in Heart Failure. UptoDate. Jul 2012
9. Powell BD, Asirvatham SJ, Perschbacher DL, Jones PW, Cha YM, Cesario DA, Cao M, Gilliam FR, Saxon LA. Noise, Artifact, and Oversensing Related Inappropriate ICD Shock Evaluation: ALTITUDE NOISE Study. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2012 Jul;35(7)863-9
10. Cao M, Saxon LA. Spinal Cord Stimulation: a triple threat therapy? J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012 May (23)5:541-42
11. Cao M, Chang P, Shinbane J. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy: Double Cannulation (Femoral/Subclavian) Approach to Coronary Venous Lead Placement in the Presence of a Prominent Thebesian Valve. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2012 Mar 20 Epub:1-4
12. Cao M. Early Experiences with Novel Quadripolar Technology. EP Lab Digest. Feb 2012. Epub:24-25
13. Shinbane J, Shriki J, Chang P, Saxon L, Cao M, Takahashi M, Starnes V. Unoperated Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries, Nonrestrictive Ventricular Septal Defect, and Pulmonary Stenosis in Middle Adulthood: Do Multiple Wrongs Make a Right? World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery. 2012 Jan:123-129.
14. Cesario D, Cao M, Cunnigham M, Saxon L. Arrhythmia Detection with a Low Profile Wireless Adherent Cardiac Monitor: Results from the ADAM and EVE Studies. Submitted: Innovations in Cardiac Rhythm Management. Sep 2011: 476-482
15. Hindoyan A, Cao M, Cesario DA, Shinbane JS, Saxon LA. Impact of relaxation training on patient-perceived measures of anxiety, pain, and outcomes after interventional electrophysiology procedures. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2011 Jul;34(7):821-6.
16. Powell BD, Cha YM, Asirvatham SJ, Cesario DA, Cao M, Jones PW, Seth M, Saxon LA, Gilliam Iii FR. Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Electrogram Adjudication for Device Registries: Methodology and Observations from ALTITUDE. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2011 Aug;34(8):1003-12.
17. Fong MW, Grazette L, Cesario D, Cao M, Saxon L. Treatment of ventricular tachycardia in patients with heart failure. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2011 Jun;13(3):203-9.
18. Cesario D, Cao M, Bowdish M, Cunningham M, Saxon, L. Ventricular tachycardia in the era of ventricular assist devices. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2011 Mar;22(3):359-63.
19. Cao M. et al. Study of Deaths Following Electro Muscular Disruption: Final Report of U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs. 2011
20. Cao M, Shriki J, Saxon L, Cunningham M. Use of Computed Tomography Delayed Enhancement Imaging and a Ventricular Assist Device in Ablation of Recurrent Ventricular Tachycardia. Innovations in Cardiac Rhythm Management. Oct 2010
21. Cao M. Saxon LA: Complete Heart Block and Preserved LV Function: Does Right Ventricular Pacing Site Matter? J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol, 2009. 20(8):906-7
22. Cao M. et al. Study of Deaths Following Electro Muscular Disruption: Interim Report of U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs. 2008.
23. Cao M. Koenig W. Shinbane J, Hindoyan A, Clavijo L, Matthews R, Saxon LA. Low Incidence of Pre-Hospital Unstable Ventricular Arrhythmias in EMS Treated Acute ST Elevation MI (STEMI) Patients. J Cardiac Failure. 2008;14:S60.
24. Hindoyan A, Cao M, Rao AK, Shinbane JS, Saxon LA: Predictors of Subclavian Vein Stenosis in Patients with Chronic Leads Undergoing Device Change-Outs or Upgrades. Heart Rhythm 2008;5: S191.
25. Cao M, Shinbane JS, Gillberg JM, Saxon LA: Taser-induced rapid ventricular myocardial capture demonstrated by pacemaker intracardiac electrograms. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2007;18:876-79.
26. Cao M, Saxon LA, Cunningham MC. An Institutional Model to Assess Outcome of Both Epicardial and Endocardial Ablation Procedures for Cure of Atrial Fibrillation. Venice Arrhythmias 2007. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol;18:S58.
27. Cao M, Saxon LA. Selection of Patients for CRT-Prevention or Reversal of Remodeling as a Therapeutic Endpoint for CRT. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2006;17:1-2.
28. Cao M, Shinbane JS, Gillberg JM, Saxon LA. Response to the editor:J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2007;18:E31.
29. Cao M, Danaher P, Anstead G, Dolan M, DeWitt C. Reversible Dilated Cardiomyopathy related to Amphotericin B therapy. JAC 2004;53:115-117.
1. Shinbane J. Cao M. EP Applications: Cardiac CT Imaging: Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Disease, 2nd edition. 2009 Spring Science Inc. Book Chapter
2. Chang P, Salazar M, Cao M, Cesario D. Lead Extraction in Congenital Heart Disease – Indications, Technique and Experience. Cardiac Pacemakers – Biological Aspects, Clinical Applications, and Possible Complications. 2011 Intech Open Access Publisher. Book Chapter.